Good Foods For Your Blood Sugar
- Leafy Greens - add salads, spinach, kale and Swiss chard to your daily diet to improve your blood sugar.
- Whole fruit - three servings of whole fruit daily can lower your chances of contracting type 2 diabetes by 18%
- Cinnamon - Just 1/4 tsp of cinnamon daily helps regulate blood sugar.
- Eat foods low on the glycemic index - The glycemic index rates food on how it affects your blood sugar. The lower the score on the glycemic index, the better -More information on the glycemic index
- Juices - Just one serving of juice daily can raise your chances of developing type 2 diabetes by 18% so trade that fruit juice for whole fruit!
- Processed foods containing excess sugar. Be sure and check labels because many products have sugar listed near the top of the ingredients list. The higher up on the list, the more percentage of ingredient is included.