Saturday, June 27, 2009

What's the Best Weightloss Program

I believe in healthy weightloss and eating a healthy diet. I love to cook too. I think lately I've been getting a little too much of the healthy diet though and I've put on about 15 lbs of stubborn belly fat. I know there are several weightloss programs out there where you can order the food and after investigating almost all of them, I chose Nutri-Systems.

My sister tried Nutri-systems for about 3 months and lost about 20 lbs. She said the food was good and plentiful and the cost was terrific when you consider what you are saving by not going grocery shopping. My husband is also going to go on the program with me for a couple months so it will be easier with menu planning-and I get a couple months off cooking duty!

I called Nutri-Systems to see if we could save any money by both of us doing the plan. I spoke to a very nice representative who gave me a couple of special deals. One was explained on the internet- if you do autoship, you get a week's worth of food free the first and second month. The other was a special phone offer of $30 off for both myself and my husband.

I got the basic program for myself but with the help of the representative, I made some substitutions in the lunch and dinner menus. If left to my own devices, I would rather avoid beef products and usually only cook beef because my husband likes it. This way, we can eat different dinners.

For my husband, I got the men's menu plan, which includes a little more food. He would also like to lose about 15-20 lbs and because he has high blood sugar, it is important that he lose for his health.

My food arrives at the end of the week so I'll keep you posted on my weightloss progress with losing those ugly 15 pounds!

No comments: