Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Law of Attraction Quote for the Day

The Law of Attraction Quote for the Day: "You don't attract what you want. You attract what you are." Think about your life. What do you see around you? You may want many things but what you have in your life is what you are and what you believe about yourself at the deepest level of your being.

I have 2 friends who don't believe at all in the law of attraction. One has given up ever having anything financially and the other worries all the time about money, thinking she will never have enough, she'll lose her job or whatever. They tell me, "If the law of attraction is real, everybody would be living in a mansion" or "I need to win the lottery. I'm telling the Universe to send me a lottery win but it never happens."

Should I tell them that they are proving the law of attraction is real? Should I tell them they are attracting what they are and what they believe about their own lives?

When I first started reading about the law of attraction, I "worked on" my own prosperity issues. I joined Bob Doyle's Wealth Beyond Reason course, which helped me to find out who I really am and what I believed about my life - AND how to change it. The Wealth Beyond Reason program isn't about attracting only wealth in money but wealth in all aspects of your life.

Now, what I believe about my life is that I always have more than enough money. I have good health, I am happy and live just the life I want to live. I do have goals for the future but I'm always focusing on being happy and grateful in the meantime. In this way, I hope to attract more of what I am, not just attracting what I say I want at any given time.

I told one friend of mine (who does believe in the law of attraction) this saying and she said "Yikes! This isn't good!" She is always living on the edge financially and struggles with money issues. Even though she knows what her issues are, she still has a hard time really changing these down deep.

It isn't always easy to change the way you feel and believe about yourself but it's not impossible. Wayne Dyer said "Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at will change."

This has certainly been true in my own life. Learning about the law of attraction helped me to focus on areas of my life that needed tending to, like forgiveness, accepting others and not trying to change them, being happy in the moment and trusting in the future.

Here are some free Law of Attraction resources if you would like to learn more.

No comments: