- Cooking with cast iron introduces traces of iron into your food. This is one way our ancestors got necessary iron to keep from getting anemic.
- Cast iron cook ware is eco-friendly. Cast iron is well made and can last virtually forever. Even in the production stages, companies like Lodge, use eco-friendly manufacturing techniques with very little waste and impact on the environment.
- Cast iron can be recycled by passing it along to the next person or handing it down to a family member.
- Cast iron is multi-use. Use it for all types of cooking and even take it camping.
- Cast iron is non-toxic, unlike Teflon cookware which can give off very tiny, toxic particles when heated.
With proper seasoning, your cast iron cookware can offer a lifetime of cooking pleasure.
Wonderful recipe book for cast iron cookware that proves you can cook just about anything in your cast iron skillet: