Saturday, January 1, 2011

I'm Doing the Whole Living 28 Day Action Challenge

Rather than making New Year's Resolutions, I set goals for self improvement. I first read about the Whole Living 28 Day Action Challenge in Whole Living Magazine and it seems like January 1 is a perfect time to start this program, although you could do it anytime.

I've decided to commit to every step of this self-improvement program and blog about my progress-both successes and failures.

Holidays are always a hard time to keep up with eating right, exercising and getting enough sleep and this year was harder than ever for me because we had company over much of November, then I went to visit relatives and then Christmas happened. All that led to about 8 pounds of extra weight, not enough exercise and me feeling like a lump!


The worst part is how all this has affected my attitude toward life. I've been feeling unmotivated, tired and out of sorts. The 28 Day Challenge website offers great information on diet and exercise, recipes, and healthy living tips. You can sign up for daily tips to be emailed to you.

The 28 Day Action Challenge promises to help me detox my body and organize my life, lose a little weight, and work on some healthier habits. It seems like just what I need to get myself back on the road to healthy living.

Each day of the challenge, you take a pledge to do the challenge for that day. Today's is to commit to change your life by taking the 28 day challenge.

The 28 Day Action Challenge begins on Monday with detoxing and there are steps to take over the weekend to get ready. This morning, I got ready for detoxing by starting with a cup of hot water and lemon juice and cutting back my coffee to one cup. I also committed to drinking 8 glasses of water today.

I also plan to give my dogs a nice long walk and eat smaller, more frequent meals through the day.

The Whole Living Action Plan website also offers lots of recipes and articles on meditation, spirituality, fitness, food and nutrition and much, much more.

If you decide to try this challenge for yourself, I'd love to hear from you. Stay tuned because throughout the challenge, I'll share tips, books and articles on Healthy Living which have helped me and, I hope, will help you too.

No comments: