- Blueberries - Blueberries are on every superfood list and other berries are nutritional powerhouses as well. Berries are also low in calories.
- Beans - Beans help lower cholesterol, add fiber to the diet and contain antioxidants, folic acid and potassium
- Avocado - Avocados are a source of "good" fat which actually helps you lose weight. They contain potassium and folate which helps guard against heart attacks, strokes and high blood pressure.
- Nuts - Nuts are a great source of fiber and protein, as well as being full of heart-healthy omega 3 fatty acids which help lower "bad" cholesterol and raise "good" cholesterol
- Oats - Oats also help lower cholesterol and are full of fiber and B vitamins for a calming stress.
- Broccoli - Broccoli helps you ward off cancer with its cancer-fighting phytochemicals. Broccoli also contains Vitamin K for bone health and Vitamin A and C for a healthy immune system
- Tea-Whether green or black, tea is full of antioxidants and nutrients. Replace unhealthy, sugar packed colas and fruit juice with the health benefits of tea
- Olive oil - Use heart healthy olive oil in cooking, as a marinade or in salad dressings. Use cold pressed or extra virgin
- Garlic- Garlic helps the liver get rid of the toxins which cause cancer. It is also an anti-viral food and boosts immunity
- Yogurt and kefir- These two products are full of probiotics to boost immune system.
- Cinnamon - Did you know that only one quarter teaspoon a day of cinnamon will lowers bad cholesterol? It also helps stabilize blood sugar levels
- Flax seed-Flax seed, either the seeds or flax seed meal, contains the same heart-healthy omega 3 fatty acids found in salmon and nuts. It also contains antioxidants. Add some flax seed meal to recipes or to cereal or yogurt each day.
- Spirulina-A whole whole food with Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). It also contains vegetable protein, B-complex, beta carotene.
- Dandelion - This simple herb is a a nutritional powerhouse. Dandelion helps to cleanse the liver, blood and kidneys of toxins which cause health problems.
Some of the superfoods on this list are found in Uri Life Whole food products like The Feast and Beyond Berries. The Feast and Beyond Berries contain live, whole foods, For more information on these nutritional powerhouses, click here.
Uri Life products can be purchased as a preferred customer. There's nothing to join. You can also purchase them at my ecrater store.
If you're looking for ways to improve your health, adding just a few of these superfoods to your diet each day will help you reach and maintain superior health and wellness.