Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Healthy Living Tips - Skip the Exercise by Skipping the Sugar

If you're like me, you may not be that crazy about sticking to an exercise program, even an easy exercise program. I want to be healthy and I'm not really anti-exercise, it simply means that I find the effort needed to get physically fit is usually very inconvenient at best. With work and families, life is super busy and taking the time to exercise regularly is not necessarily something we can always do.

Believe it or not, I am actually in the best shape of my life and it doesn't have anything to do with exercising at all. By making a few smart choices along the way, you can get physically fit and stay healthy, even without an official exercise program.

One of the easiest healthy living tips is to totally cut sugar out of your life. Although this is impractical to some extent, you can't imagine the health benefits that you can get by following this one health tip.

The easiest way to eat less sugar is to eat according to the glycemic index. This is a list of carbohydrate foods, arranged according to how quickly the sugars contained within them are dumped into our bloodstream. If you stick to the goods on the low end of the glycemic index, you can eat about as much as you want to. You won't be hungry and you won't suffer from the highs and lows caused by eating sugar.

Along with making eating foods the low on the glycemic index, you should be eating a protein at every meal. Vegetables are notoriously low in calories and in order for us to keep our metabolism running strong, we need to eat calories. Protein helps you build and maintain your muscle mass, even if you are losing weight.

Of course, healthy living does involve doing a little bit of exercise along with eating the proper way but you don't need to hit the gym on a regular basis in order to experience these benefits. Simple tasks like gardening and housework also burn calories. Just try to stay as active as possible in your everyday life. The benefits of doing so will be evident whenever you look in the mirror.

1 comment:

Edwin said...

I am 21 and past 6 months had put on a lot of weight from 42kgs I had reached to 65kgs, I was under a lot of depression and my health was also getting bad. Everyone suggested me to join gym or yoga but I was too lazy. That’s when my friend suggested me to join Enerjoy Fitness inside Az on the rocks, they have the best equipments and programs in town. Zenergy yoga which is also located in there have perfect yoga solutions and programs and to compliment both they are specialized in indoor climbing they provide all the gears and training. The staff is also very helpful and nice. So whenever I am lazy for gym or yoga I go climbing or vice versa. This really helped me boost my energy maintain my health and come out of depression. I have managed to maintain my weight on 46kgs past 2 months.
With Az on the Rocks, It’s all about health and fitness.
For a healthy and fit life, check them out at www.azontherocks.com