Eating certain anticancer foods allows your body to protect you or to heal itself if you already have cancer. So what foods does Dr. Scheiber recommend for anticancer?
- herbs and spices such as thyme, rosemary, mint, basil, sage, turmeric and ginger.
- Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage
- Foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids like salmon, walnuts, green veggies and sardines
- Garlic, onions and leeks
- Berries like blueberries (first on every superfood listing), raspberries and blackberries
- Dark chocolate
- Green tea, pomegranate juice and red wine in moderation
- Avoiding sugar which fuels cancer cell growth
- Taking a daily walk or getting proper exercise
- reducing stress with yoga, tai chi or meditation
- Avoiding toxic chemicals as much as possible in air, food, water, cleaning products and skin and body care products. (Watkins now offers green cleaning products and natural, toxin free skin and body care products)
I highly recommend Anticancer A new way of life, for anyone who seeks the path to better health.