Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Losing Weight with Nutri-Systems

My Nutri-systems food is set to be delivered today and I can't wait to get it! Until it comes, though, I've been looking at all the Nutri-Systems website has to offer in the way of help. Each Nutri-systems member has their own area to log into where I can keep track of my weight, calories, even the number of glasses of water I drink.

July 1 is a great time to start on a new weightloss plan. One month from today I hope to have lost 10 lbs at least so that is my goal.

I love the calorie counter. You can put in the Nutri-Systems foods you eat for each meal and then add different items like veggies, fruit or a protein and it figures the calories for you. You have an exercise log, a place to put your measurements and your weight, plus you can keep a weightloss journal if you want to.

The exercise part of the Nutri-systems website is great! I put in the exercise I do and it figures the calories burned. Today will be a good day for exercise. I walked the dogs for 20 minutes at a slow pace (they like to sniff!), I have a one hour yoga class and I'll use the treadmill for 30 minutes after class. My total daily exercise will burn off 650 calories! - Although in my opinion, the yoga class I'm in burns more than 200 calories. It's much more of a workout than I'd thought it would be.

The Nutri-systems website also computes your BMI from your height and weight. My BMI is at 25 right now, which is the low end of overweight so it's a good thing I'm losing those ugly 15-20 lbs in the next couple months.

I'll keep you posted on the Nutri-systems Program and what I think of the food and the entire experience. The number one thing is- Will Nutri-systems help me lose weight?

No comments: