Saturday, January 2, 2010

Excuses Begone This New Year!

I was watching Dr. Wayne Dyer on PBS this morning talking about his new book Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits. I read this book when it first came out but the New Year, which is a time of setting goals for the future, is the perfect time to focus on getting past the excuses which have kept us from making improvements in our lives.


What goals do you have for the new year? Are you going to lose weight? Are you going to write a book? Be nicer to your family? Get closer to your spiritual nature? Focus on your health? Perhaps you have a major health issue you want to heal.  All of these are worthy goals but many times excuses get in the way of achieving them. Well, Excuses Begone!

I've read all of Wayne Dyer's books. His book, 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace, was the first self improvement book I read and it literally changed my life. The concepts in Wayne Dyer's book helped me heal the past and move forward with my life. I let go of all the bad feelings and unhappiness I'd been holding onto and my life was almost instantly happier and all my relationships were more loving. Amazing impact from one little book but it's true.

In Excuses Begone, Dr. Dyer covers all the excuses we give ourselves for not achieving our goals in life:

  • It's too difficult
  • I Can't help the way I am
  • I'm too Tired, It costs too much
  • I've never done it before so I won't do it now
  • It's too risky
  • It's not in my nature

What's your favorite excuse for not accomplishing what you want to in life? What's your excuse for not losing weight, finishing that novel, starting a new business? Dr. Dyer goes over 18 of the most popular excuses and shoots them down, telling you why these excuses don't have to hold you back.

You can begin to see things in a new way and Dr. Dyer tells you how to apply a fresh perspective to all the most common excuses

Beyond just talking about excuses, Wayne Dyer goes over a plan to help learn to get past the excuses and learn to consciously create the life you want.

Thought for the new year:

You get what you think about, whether you want it or not. What do you think about? What thoughts do you focus on? Do you focus on your excuses? What would your life look like if you were not focusing on the excuses? Would you feel free? Free to be thin, healthy, loving? If you would like to achieve your goals this year, read Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits

For more healthy weightloss tips, visit my website Path2HealthyLiving.com 

No comments: