Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Easy Squash Soup Recipe

I love butternut squash soup and last night I made a delicious soup using squash, cauliflower and coconut milk from a can. It turned out great.

Easy Squash Soup Recipe

Ingredients

One small butternut squash
One head of cauliflower ( used orange cauliflower)
One can coconut milk (I didn't use low fat but I think you could. It wouldn't be as creamy though)
3/4 cup chicken broth
Seasonings of your choice-I used Hawaiian pink salt and a Tuscan seasoning blend but you could use a Thai blend or just salt and pepper if you choose.

Directions

Bake butternut squash in 350 oven for about 45 minutes or until soft.
Steam cauliflower

Once your veggies are cooked, peel the squash and add to blender or food processor. Add Cauliflower and liquids.

Blend until smooth.

Return to the pan and heat. Serve when it's hot enough.

This easy squash soup is delicious on a cold winter evening!

No comments: