Do you have trouble getting the recommended amount of servings for fruits and veggies? A smoothie is a great way to get 3 or more servings. I start every day with a smoothie and here is one of my favorite recipes made with green tea.
- banana-source of potassium for heart, cells and muscles and fiber for digestive health
- four ounces of yogurt, flavor of your choice-great source of probiotics for digestive health
- a handful of nutritious blueberries or strawberries to boost immune system
- tablespoon of whey protein-this provides luecine, which spurs weight loss
- a dash of cinnamon for reducing your cholesterol and regulating your blood sugar.
- orange juice-Great source of vitamin C for your immune system
- a scoop of whole food or fruit and veggie powder
- mango, kiwi or other fruit or berries-source of vitamins and antioxidants
- a spoonful of honey for anti-virus protection
- add protein with peanut butter or almond butter
- Cherry juice concentrate for muscles and joints
- try different flavored green teas for variation
- Add a scoop of Nuriche for live, whole food nutrition!
One thing great about smoothies is that you can add anything that suits you and change ingredients daily according to your needs at the moment. Smoothies can also be made ahead for a quick breakfast on the go.
PS Kids love these so a smoothie is one easy way to get fruits and veggies into them in a way they'll enjoy.