Today there seems to be almost too much information out there on health and wellness. Hundreds of books and magazines, forums, websites, all aimed at telling you how you should iive your life to be healthier. Many just give up in frustration.
Where to start living a healthier life? One small change at a time. Everything you do is a choice. Make the choice often enough and it becomes an ingrained habit and you feel you have no control over it. You can change that by remembering that you are always in contol. You always have the power to make a new, different or better choice.
Start with one thing you'd like to change to live a healthier life. Start small because small victories add up. Choose one easy change and do it for a week. After some of these, I''ll put a link to my health and wellness website in case you'd like more info. Here's a few to try:
1. Drink 3 cups of green tea per day. Read about the health benefits of green tea. Not a fan of green tea? Try flavored brands. There are dozens out there. Drink it hot, try it cold. Add a slice of lemon or orange.
2. Drink 4 large glasses of water every day. I know, that's basic. But not drinking enough water can cause low energy, plus water flushes toxins from your body.
3. Get at least 7 hours of sleep each night for 7 nights. No matter what. No excuses.
Have trouble sleeping? Try these natural remedies
4. Add Superfoods to your diet. Just one or two per day for 7 days.
5. Instead of reaching for a sugary snack, eat a piece of dark chocolate-at least 70% cacao. Milk chocolate and processed chocolate has additives and sugar and probaby no effect on health. Read about the health benefits of chocolate.
6. Resolve to spend one week not complaining about anything! Instead, when some criticism comes to mind, turn your thoughts to something you're grateful for. Learn how to use the Law of Attraction to live a happier life.
7. Try deep breathing several times a day, especially if you feel stressed. Read about how to do deep breathing and why it's important.
8. Eat each meal mindfully. How do you learn to live more mindfully?
9. Love sugar or using artificial sweeteners? Try using Stevia instead. Stevia is a natural plant with zero calories and sweeter than sugar. Studies have found no downside to using stevia. More on Stevia
10. Resolve to prepare dinner at home for one week using healthy, delicious recipes. If you don't eat dinner together now, as a family, resolve to do so for one week. Dinner time is a terrific bonding time! Need healthy recipe ideas?
This is the tip of the iceberg but if you resolve to do one thing per week, learn to make it a good habit and build on it, before you know it, you're living a healthier lifestyle. You'll have more energy, fewer illnesses, your body will find it's proper weight and you'll be anxious to find more good health habits to add to your regime.