One way to make sure you take care of yourself , as well as everyone else, in the summer is to be organized. If you're a mom, you are probably used to that!
For me, it isn't' so much the kids - who are all grown now - it's the grand kids making life hurried and busy. Here's what I do to make sure my health regime doesn't suffer in the summer months.
- Get up a bit earlier - It's amazing what you can do for yourself with an extra 30 minutes a day. Get out your vitamins - or better yet, get out a whole week's worth and put each day in a zip lock snack bag, have a cup of coffee and read the paper, while eating some nutritious whole grain cereal or do some yoga stretches.
- Take advantage of nap times to spend time on a hobby or read a book. If the kids are too old for naps, institute "quiet time" every afternoon for an hour or two. I had my own daycare for years and for 2 hours every afternoon, while the kids slept, I had my hobby - bead work. Sometimes those 2 relaxing hours made all the rest possible.
- For dinner, think nutritious salads. Let the kids help with shopping for ingredients and preparation. They'll be more likely to eat some! Ask the kids what sort of veggies they would like to eat and then buy some. You might be surprised at what they choose. Make a game of choosing a new veggie each week and finding recipes on the Internet on ways to use it.
- Get your exercise by taking the kids outdoors for a walk in the park or a bike ride. Take them swimming and you get in the water too. Swimming is great exercise!
- Laughter is the best medicine for stress. Take a break and watch a funny movie with the kids.
- Don't let summer stress get you down. Remember, all the tasks and to-do lists will still be there when summer is over. Take a break and do the minimum for a while. Take deep breathes and relax and enjoy your kids. They're only young once!
- 30 Antioxidant Rich Fruits & Berries
- 30 Powerful Greens & Vegetables
- 11 Nutrient Dense Seeds, Nuts & Sprouts
- 83+ Active Enzymes & Fulvic Minerals
- 22 Strains of Resilient Living Probiotics
Order some low cost samples of Uri life products risk free so you can experience their excellence first hand.