The news is full of news of the bad economy and financial crisis. I've even begun noticing stories about the bad economy causing stress and illness now as people wear down, burdened from depressing news about the current US economy. However, some people are doing well in this economy and it remains a terrific time to make money at home.
The most important thing you can do, if the rest of the world is dwelling on the negative and financial crisis is ---ignore it! Stop watching the news, stop reading the financial pages. Remember, bad news sells! It's the job of the media to pump up every small financial crisis into an earth shaking event. Instead of worrying about the entire world (which you can't do anything about) focus on your own life. If you have personal financial troubles, they won't be helped by thinking the rest of the world is also in economic crisis.
If you need help getting your personal economy on a sounder basis, I'd recommend reading Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker. Eker will give you a new, no-nonsense way of planning your finances so you, too, can be a millionaire, no matter what the current economy is.
Instead of worrying about economic crisis, try this 30 day plan to financial freedom:
1. Keep a gratitude journal - No kidding. There's nothing more uplifting than realizing that you do have things to be grateful for. Instead of dwelling on economic crisis, think of all the positives in your life so you can attract more of those. Remember, what you focus on expands - so what do you want to expand in your life?
2. Just for 30 days, stop watching the news and financial reports. The election is coming up and it seems during those times the candidates and the media wants you to think there are terrible financial problems to solve by electing them.
3. When you find yourself worried and filled with negative thoughts, return to your gratitude journal, reach for a better feeling thought. Remember, it may take the entire 30 days to break the habit of jumping into a negative pit every time one bad thought turns up. Remember, focusing on positives creates more of that in your life.
4. Resist the urge to TALK about the economic crisis or how bad things are. It's great to take any action you may need to take to better your personal situation but there is nothing to be gained from a pity party with friends and relatives.
5. Picture yourself in a great economy! Imagine your customers purchasing, focus on money coming in and the economy being in an upturn. Actually, if you're wondering how to make money in a bad economy, more people are looking for extra income and work at home opportunities. If you'd like your own business, start creating it on the side. Marketing your business opportunity in a bad economy is actually easier than it is in a preceived good economy when things are going well for people.
6. Rent positive movies. Watch The Secret, if you haven't already. Other good movies, The Peaceful Warrior, What the Bleep Do We Know? and Louise Hay's You Can Heal Your Life.
7. Read books on the law of attraction: Any Abraham books by Ester and Jerry Hicks (they have a new one about the law of attraction and money), books by Wayne Dyer. Look up books on the law of attraction on Amazon and you'll find dozens. Read a little bit of one of these each day. You don't have to buy them. Check the library or discount book stores.
8. Avoid stress - make sure you get enough sleep, plenty of exercise and that you're eating right. Nothing can be made better by being stressed out which lowers your immune system.
"Nothing is good or bad. But thinking makes it so," said William Shakespeare. I read that in a positive thinking book years ago and it stuck with me. Remember, it isn't what happens to us that is either good or bad, it's how we interpret it with our thoughts. You can CHOOSE to think better thoughts, to see the positives in your life instead of worrying about financial crisis.
Try following these steps for the next 30 days, see what inspirations come to you. You should begin to see ways to improve your financial situation. Remember, your thoughts, moment by moment are creating your future. You can control your thoughts and feelings NOW, in this present moment and these, in turn, create a better financial future for you and your family.