Thursday, January 8, 2009

Walking Pedometer Motivates Weightloss and Fitness

Need motivation to walk more? It might be as easy as wearing a walking pedometer daily. One study showed that those wearing a pedometer lost about about 1 lb every 10 weeks, even without dieting. Couple wearing a pedometer and a program and the pounds will drop off quickly.

Walking pedometers are small devices, worn on the wrist or clipped to a waistband, that measure the steps you take daily. If you set a goal to help you lose weight, say 10,000 steps a day, you find yourself jogging in place while you brush your teeth or marching while you cook dinner, just to get your steps in. All those steps registered on your fitness pedometer mean extra calories burned.

When you first starting using a pedometer to count your steps, wear it without a goal in mind, just to see what your average number is. On one pathetic day, my steps were only about 3,000 so I realized I had work to do to lose weight. I set my goal at 10,000 steps and have been meeting it on most days.

If you really want to register some steps on the pedometer, try an aerobics class.One class equals about 4,000-5,000 steps. A walk around my block with my dogs measures 2,000 steps.

Here's one fitness pedometer I especially liked and it got great reviews on Amazon. I've found it accurate and easy to use.



Try wearing a pedometer for 30 days and see if it doesn't motivate you to lose weight and increase fitness.

For more healthy weightloss tips, visit my website Path2HealthyLiving.com 

No comments: